earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i have a light in my bathroom ip65 and is on a rcd fused spur wich is located outside the bathroom and i have a shower wich is on its own rcd there is no more electrical items in the bathroom other than the light and shower
do i need any earthing in the bathroom other than the two pipes under the sink bonded ?

the main water pipe dose have a 10mm earth to it

thanks 4 your time

Sponsored Links
What your asking is know as supplementary bonding, not actually earthing but I think I know what you mean.

If you work to the BS 7671-2008 standards then there are certain criteria that if met can mean that you don't have to bond the copper pipes in your bathroom. These are outlined in the REgs at 701.415.2

If you don't have a copy then for the sake of a few pounds I would bond the bathroom if it were copper pipes.

I noted you also said that the water main was bonded, if you have gas in the house you should also bond that as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back