Easi-fill preparation and painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to use Easi-fill on several patches (~30-35%) of two walls to clean up some small (<1-2mm) holes etc. and i'm getting ready to start as I would like a painted finish of Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion.

The walls are largely painted by previous owner (some test pot sample emulsions from the girlfriend). There is some bonding and plastering where the picture rail has been removed and where the skirting board has been removed.

This was going to be my process:-

Apply Easi-fill in all the required places
Sand all required areas
Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion mist coat (pot says 40% water)
Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion mist coat (~15% water this time)
Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion final coat

I wish I had the whole thing skimmed whilst the plaster was here, but that is going to be expensive to get him back. You live an learn!

Will the above actions be okay, i'm concerned that the patches of new plaster/old paint and Easi-fill will produce patches of different colours when I start to paint.

Also, i'm reading conflicting info on whether to apply anything before the Easi-fill, any advice?

Thanks again.

EDIT: I'm using Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion, normally I'd just go for the Dulux Trade range, but this is the colour that has been chosen by the other half. I assume from the instructions that this is a Vinyl Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Apply Easi-fill in all the required places
Sand all required areas
Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion mist coat (pot says 40% water)
Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion mist coat (~15% water this time)
Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion final coat

Will the above actions be okay, i'm concerned that the patches of new plaster/old paint and Easi-fill will produce patches of different colours when I start to paint.

Also, i'm reading conflicting info on whether to apply anything before the Easi-fill, any advice?

Thanks again.

EDIT: I'm using Crown Neutrals Matt Emulsion, normally I'd just go for the Dulux Trade range, but this is the colour that has been chosen by the other half. I assume from the instructions that this is a Vinyl Matt

I whipped up a little test batch last night and applied in a small area. I think I left it a little too thin as it was difficult to apply on the wall without it running. I'm happy with the test results as it sanded down well and I think (hope) the final finish after two coats will look good.

I'm also going to use some Pure Brilliant Matt White that I have bought for the ceiling, as my first mist coat as I'll have plenty of this stuff over plus I can do the ceiling and wall mist coats in one session. :)

Any comments?

sounds good mate.
just remember the easy fill will sink in any big holes though and may need refilling. it also takes a while to dry if the holes are deep. use a very fine or worn sand paper on the filler so as not to scratch it, you`ll see what i mean if its too rough. you`ll get lines in the filler. best is to something like a rubbing pad or block. there cheap and will do the job ok.
if your using the white for the mist make sure you thin it down so as not to get a heavy stipple from your roller.
happy painting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back