Easiboost 2 Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced my gravity fed shower by a new shower cubicle and a Easiboost 2 shower pump. As I live in a bungalow the original gravity fed pressure was quite low and the intention was to boost the pressure and flow rate accodingly with the 2 bar pump.
Following the manufacturers recommendations I have installed the cold and hot supplies directly from the cold tank and from the hot cylinder (essex flange). The pump is installed 3 metres directly below the tanks in a floor space (under the ground floor) , from the pump the route then goes horizontally for about 6 metres then up 1.5 metres to the shower head through a mixer. All routes incorporate sweeping bends and as instructed, all piping is 15mm apart from the 15/22mm reducers at tanks. The hot water cylinder thermostat has been turned down to 60oC.
The pump operates but the flow is no different to that of the old shower.
I would be grateful for any advice or help.

Sponsored Links
Is the shower head you have suitable for the extra pressure? Maybe the holes are too small.

You could have a blockage in the pipe or a filter (some pumps have them on the inlet). Did you flush the pipes after installation before the shower head was connected?

Take the shower head off and switch on the shower with the electricity to the pump switched off, note the water flow from the open end of the pipe. Now turn on the electricity to the pump and see if the water flow increases.

You could always telephone the Showerforce customer helpline on 01536 264012, maybe they've come across this before.

Thanks for the advice.
I've checked the filters and they are clean.
With the shower head removed the flow was :-
Power off - 8.2 litres/min
Power on - 12.8 Litres/min
Similar figures were measured with the shower head replaced and with a different shower head.
However, the flow still appears to be weak. Not much different to the old gravity fed shower. I intend to contact Easiboost as you suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back