easifill for damaged wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was taking the skirting boards off in my hall and aside from a bit of filling here and there, I have pulled a chunk out that is quite deep and runs about a foot across the wall. My question is, would it be ok to fill with easifill as I have half a bag of it left.The new boards will be gripfilled to wall so now drilling into it. Only ask as will save be a trip to get some plaster and will save a few pennies. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I don't see why not. Use a straight edge across the hollow to get a flat surface. If it's deep do it in 2 coats.

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve, I've used easyfill on plenty of applications but the deeper they are the longer it takes to cure. Go to Buy and Queue [ B@Q] and buy a small bag of undercoat plaster,about £3.00 quid, and build it out with this first then use easyfill to finish, simples :)

Yes, it does depend how deep it is, easi fill isn't ideal for anything too deep and may take several days before you can sand. It is specifically designed to fill tapered edge boards, this gives you an idea of depth.

Thanks all for your replies. Probably build out with easifill as drying time won't be an issue.Not getting laminate delivered till next week and have to lay that before fitting new skirting.Thanks again for taking time to reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back