Eastenders

Eddie M said:
Sean Connery was a lot taller than I'd imagined.

He was Mr Scotland, and I believe Mr Universe back in the 1950s.

Schwarzenegger was Mr Universe in the 1970s... shows what steroids can do!

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Eddie M said:
Sean Connery was a lot taller than I'd imagined.

He was Mr Scotland, and I believe Mr Universe back in the 1950s.
Schwarzenegger was Mr Universe in the 1970s... shows what steroids can do!
and of course Mr Bond

Sponsored Links
overall i'd agree but for acting ability and although he wasn't English i feel George Lazenby comes a very close second.

In Lazenby's only film (On HM Secret Service wasn't it?): "that never happened to the last chap!"

I always heard people slating Lazenby, but I thought he was OK. But, I would have to say despite Connery being a great actor, Moore is the Bond I grew up with hence will always see him as the embodiment of Bond. I think it is because the 1960s films, whilst good, don't focus on the technology as much.

Brosnan is a very good Bond, and the later films have been rather good in my opinion.

AdamW said:
In Lazenby's only film (On HM Secret Service wasn't it?): "that never happened to the last chap!"

I always heard people slating Lazenby, but I thought he was OK. But, I would have to say despite Connery being a great actor, Moore is the Bond I grew up with hence will always see him as the embodiment of Bond. I think it is because the 1960s films, whilst good, don't focus on the technology as much.

Brosnan is a very good Bond, and the later films have been rather good in my opinion.
o h m s s was the best bond film as there was action & a sad bit at the end.no stupid double entendres & corny jokes.

The Roger Moore "comic" style bond does get a bit annoying at times. Especially the one in India where they have the tennis noises whilst the crowd swing their heads left, then right. Those "comedy" scenes are the only bits I cringe at. Overall, I like the Moore films.

Sponsored Links
Back