eBay feedback -RANT-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had dealings with an eBay shop. All good in the end were received fine but it took longer than it should have due to their imcompitence. I left neutral feedback as they didn't warrant positive feedback. Because of this they left me negative feedback. I really wish the feedback section was better enforced. I.E. if your a seller, you must leave feedback as soon as payment has taken place/cleared. You shouldn't be allowed to leave feed back based on the buyers feedback IMO!!

Rant over..... :eek:

Sponsored Links
I have something similar at the moment - I have bought something and the seller really deserves negative feedback, but I am loathe to leave it as they haven't left me mine yet.

As far as they are concerned, they should be forced to leave you feedback as soon as you have paid.

Damn right.

I think in situations like this now I will choose not to leave any feedback. That way they don't get the correct number of feedbacks to the number of actual sales. Then again you can reply to the feedback they leave (if it is negative). I did this.

Absolutely agree.

I bought a mobile phone cover last year from a seller in Hong Kong, stated delivery 10 days, still no sign 6 weeks later. Checked seller's feedback (silly me for not doing so before the purchase) - 90% positive, about 4000 total score.... HANG ON, that means at least 400 unhappy customers! Checked further and everyone who'd left him a negative had got one in return :evil: :evil:

Cover eventually turned up, crap quality - but I left him a positive because I felt I had to - one more negative wouldn't have affected him one jot, but for me to receive one with a total score of 20 would have reduced my rating from 100% to 95% in one fell swoop.

When payment is successfully received, positive feedback should be left.

Sponsored Links
I agree in principal but unfortunately I've had just as much bad luck with buyers as sellers so where as I always used to leave positive feedback when I recieved payment I no longer do. Too many people take the you-know-what!

Sadly this is one of the problems with Ebay, however most people will check the feedback of the person leaving the negative one (I know quite a few people who do check) I know I do, and it normally turns out that they have many more negs than the seller your buying from. It will also show which feedbacks are genuine or left in revenge.

Yeah, I experienced this also.

Now I go by the old mantra "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all, " to which I add "unless they leave you feedback first". lol.

when i sell stuff i always leave feedback once payment has been received. thats how it should be. after all, the buyer has then completed their part of the deal by paying.

once left a seller neutral due to the fact that he claim to send it within 2 days and it was actually powted 6 days later and didnt answer any of my emails. he then didnt leave feedback for me until i left follow up feedback saying feedback would be nice.

simon_d said:
he then didnt leave feedback for me until i left follow up feedback saying feedback would be nice.

This happens quite a lot when I buy from PowerSellers with Ebay shops. The last time I sent a seller a message asking for feedback it took him 8 weeks to respond to it :eek:

Some must be too busy to read their messages?

Sponsored Links
Back