eco-paints! Any one tried?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody have any experience of these? We've bought a sac of German Caesin paint- Holzweg brand.

If anyone has tried, would you recommend watering down to prime new plaster with successive coats slightly more concentrated for each layer?

Also, any suggestions for low VOC gloss paints for our woodwork?

Sponsored Links
I have used them once or twice..IMO like a lot of so called 'eco friendly' stuff...they are an expensive gimmick.

As for the woodwork..you can go for a water based eggshell or satin..they have low OVC's and are easy to apply.

I would strongly recommend reading the manufacturer's instructions, and following them.

Never seen casein paint, I suppose it is like the old Casein wood glue. Not waterproof. Made of milk proteins. I wonder if it will blister or peel when someone paints over it in future.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if it will blister or peel when someone paints over it in future.

My thoughts too..

Casein is derived from milk and is used in paint to bind and stabilise the pigment it was added to distemper to make it wipable.

Myself, id stick to 'ordinary paint'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back