EcoMax Fault F.25- How to fill water (Picture of boiler inc)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have the ecoMax boilder ( modle is 826 i believe ). I have got the error F.25 and after doing some reading i think i have to fill it with water because my pressure gauge is below 0.

I have never done this before so can someone be kind enough to tell me where and how exactly i am supposed to fill the water? Here is a picture of the bottom side of my boiler. The picture is fairly large (2048 X 1536 - From my camera hence why its so big).

www.ejaxal.com/p/ecomax.JPG

Also, will i need special equipment to fill it with water?

Sponsored Links
Also, will i need special equipment to fill it with water?

Yes!

Either the small tool provided or a flat bladed screwdriver !!!

Why not read the instruction manual?

Tony

In my instruction manual there is one small passage regarding this. It simply tells me that the system needs to be filled using the built in filling loop ( but there is no picture of this filling loop so i dont know what that is ). That is why i have included the picture so someone can point out to me where the filling loop is.

Filling loop, would you believe is the loop of silver braided pipe to the right of your pic.

The filling loop valve is the solid chrome plated part at the top of this loop.

Can you post a close up of that valve ?

Sponsored Links
OK it looks to me as though the valve part that you need to turn is a screwdriver slot at the top.
The logic to use is that if the slot is in line with the pipe it is on
If the slot is across the line of the pipe it is off.
There is only a quarter turn therefore between on and off.

Turn the valve to on until you reach the required pressure usually 1 -1.5 bar then turn it off quickly.

The black part of the valve I'm sure is not to be tampered with so do not touch it unless it is clearly marked.

The other reason why I asked for another pic is that in the first pics it looked as though the valve was in the ON position

as it is a sealed system, you may want to find out where all the water went, and why

i decided to fill it up in the morning, but there is a problem. Im including another pic which i took couple of mins ago and in this pic there is no slot on the metal part ( Numbered : 2 ) . The only slot i see on that value is on the Black part ( Numbered : 3 ). There is also a steel arrow engraved on the valve facing the braided pipe ( Numbered : 1 ) and lastly, there are two of the black valves ( Numbered : 4 )

www.ejaxal.com/p/ecomaxd.jpg

Bengasman, this happened 2 years ago so i thought maybe this was normal.

Also, once the pressure is filled, do i need to do anything else to ensure the system works efficently? I read somwhere that i need to go around all the radiators in my house and let some air out. Will that be neccessary?

Neigh lad, yer tiz:
Ecomaxfillingloop.gif

Open both the valve(s) slowly until the pressure goes to 1 bar or just above (cold). Then shut them both.
Yes you could check the rads have no air in, but they shouldn't.

It's all in the manual - download from V website.

Apologies for not getting you there sooner. Theres not many Vaillants of the ecomax variety round here so I wasn't familiar with your particular boiler.

Thanks Slug and ChrisR. I finally got the pressure up and everything is working perfect. Never realise how much u miss hot water until u dont have it :p

Cheers for your help guys :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back