Vaillant EcoMAX 835E......and the dreaded F.23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Hoping for some advice please. I've had a number of issues with my Vaillant EcoMAX 835e combi boiler recently. HW cutting out and boiler locking out and what not.

Anyway, the current issue is that I'm getting F.23 every couple of hours. By adjusting a few things here and there, I have managed to stablise things, but it's not ideal. For example, I have left 3 radiators fully open, range rated down to 11Kw and reduced the max flow temp to 65 degrees.

My suspicion is some sort of blockage in the boiler. I recently had the pressure gauge replaced, turns out the old one was blocked with muck. Confusing thing is that the water in the system is clean....I have flushed through, added a magnaclean pro 2 and added x 400 (currently circulating for 24 hours).

If I turn down the valves on all but one radiator (the one where my interlock is fitted), the system f.23's really quick.

Also, if I override the pump speed via d.14, I end of with s.53 repeatedly.

Two things come to mind:

Is the ABV blocked?
Is the blockage elsewhere, e.g. that rubber hose (which has been replaced a number of years ago)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Danny

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back