Economy 7 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a new bungalow that is heated by economy 7 heaters and the water is heated at night too.

The water is too hot and I have been looking for a thermostat to turn it down but cannot find one.
The cylinder is inside the airing cupboard and I expected the thermostat to be on the cylinder but it isn't.

Are all systems fitted with a thermostat?

Images in my album, I am having trouble uploading them to this post.

Sponsored Links
thermostats are integral to the heater elements, you will have to remove the caps to access them and will need a small screwdriver to adjust. turn off the supply first. zap

As above, the stats are under the black covers of your immersion elements. Isolate mains supply, and undo the nut on the cover. You will find a small plastic pointer with numbers around it underneath cover. Turn the slot in the pointer with a small, flat-bladed screwdriver.

Don't set it below 60 degrees, otherwise this will risk allowing the growth of legionella bacteria in your cylinder.

Get used to adding cold to it. If you turn it down, you will have less hot water as you will take more out of the cylinder with each use. If you want to cool it down, consider the installation of a blending valve.

Sponsored Links
The bottom immersion heater is the one that's on the overnight cheap rate. As said don't turn it down too low & if the water is boiling overnight the thermostat could be faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back