economy drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went on an "economy drive" yesterday, literally. Doncaster to Rotherham and back, about 30 miles, my car returned 64.1mpg. :LOL:

Just thought I'd rub all your faces in it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I bet nobody here can beat that.

Normally the C4 1.6 diesel (92) under my heavy right foot will return 50.3mpg, this was the previous average over 1000 miles. I reset it yesterday when I filled up and this was the result!

Photo0083.jpg

:D I might carry on like this, see if i can stretch a tank to 700 miles :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I can't remember the MPG, but I got 700+ out of a tank in the Skoda. We went to Croydon with a bed on the roof!!

Because of the extra load, I set the cruise to 56. Unbelieveable economy!

ive got 59 mpg out of my tdi ford galaxy,those vw engines sure are frugal when you have a light right foot.

So Steve,you've got a C4 that does 61 mpg. A neighbour has the model that superseded yours, its much more economical, but just as plasticy looking as yours.
Its the C5!

Still, to quote Arthur Daley, you can console yourself with one thing: 'second-class motoring is better than first-class walking'! ;)

Sponsored Links
Just done a bit of research, and the headline figure for my car's combined cycle is 64.2mpg :LOL: I'm 0.1mpg off! Come on! :LOL:

2003 VW Golf TDI, Various engine modifications, last dyno'd at 220hp, my average mpg over currently around 2k miles is 46mpg, on a run I've seen 56mpg. Given the power I don't think my figures are bad.

Went on an "economy drive" yesterday, literally. Doncaster to Rotherham and back, about 30 miles, my car returned 64.1mpg. :LOL:

Just thought I'd rub all your faces in it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I bet nobody here can beat that.
The best I got out of my old citroen picasso 2.0 diesel was 67mpg! I find these computer mpg dashboard are way out when I tested mine, the best and correct way is to fill up and when empty or low, fill it up again for the correct reeading of the mpg.

Back