Ecotec 20 timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
C h remote Timer has 4 different settings for the day each day, but it doesn't specify how long each runs for, had it set for morning at 6.40 but was still on at 9.30!
Any way of setting for an hour or so as opposed to getting up and using manually!?
Ta

Sponsored Links
Whats the model number of the programmer?

20 doesn't exist!

The time u put in slot 1 it will be on until slot 2
Or if it's a time and temperature model
Slot 1 will be in at that temperature until slot 2 when it will do that temperature

Hiya yeah sorry it was on my phone in work!
its valliant ecotec pro 28 boiler with a center EHE0200361rf thermostat

So I only want house heating up 6.30am tilll about 8am when everyone buggers off out for the day then 10 30 at night till about 12.30 just to take chill off
( so far anyway, only just got it installed)
I set 1st timer for 6.30
have nothing for second setting all clear
nothing for third all clear
and fourth set at 10.30pm

so Mr gasservice:) it will stay on ALLLLLL day from 6.30am till the 10.30pm setting kicks in :eek:?
no way of altering it to swtch off after 2 hours

Ahhh what about if I set the second setting for 8am but with a 5 degree setting ( the minimum it will run at I think ) would that work and take me through till 10.30pm,basically in off mode,although still on auto?
Any advice on this guys much appreciated again
you can tell im not used to this cant you!!
here is the remote thermostat right now!
thanks again
IMAG1813.jpg

Sponsored Links
The 4 times works as pairs.

2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

set slot 2 and 4 to something like 14 degrees and 1 and 3 to whatever the women in the house stop bleating at.

This might take some trial and error.

The posher versions of that controller can allow you to offset the display... proof that female complaints about being cold is purely in their heads like most things.

Cheers dan,

I have set it at 11deg 3am til 6.30 ,
then 25 deg till 8 then
setting 3, 11 deg 8am till 10.30pm
then 20 deg till 3am
thats my four settings

not sure how the temperature will be so like you say a bit of trial and error.
still would have liked to just have one setting of a morning and the other at night though like the old pin dial boilers allowed!
technology eh!

Ta again dan

That's what I said time slot 1 till time slot 2

Thought it was obvious what 3 and 4 did

Did your installer not tell I how it works???

I know you did ,ta! and no he didnt really showed me basic thermostat ,radiators hot then left ,it took me 4 days to find out why it wouldnt work ( after some homework as I thought it was broken I found he had left it in summer mode so no heat at all except water ,so im learning as i go!).
I was hoping I could just do it in small doses as it says you dont have to use all the settings 1 to 4 if you dont want to but it didnt say it will stay on indefinitly until it reaches the next programmed setting, I wanted two hours then OFF nowt else till nighttime!
still want that but am stuck with all 4

Set it like this
7:00 20deg
9:00 10deg
17:00 20deg
19:00 10deg

That will give u 2 hour blocks and unless u have a wall missing from your house it's not gonna get less than 10deg(if it does you'll want the heating on anyway)

Obviously u can adjust those times to what suits u it terms of getting up etc.

Btw it is part of the commissioning of the boiler that all controls are setup and explained how to be used. If I installed a boiler and the customer couldn't figure out how to get the thermostat setup id happily go round and run through it again, as obviously I hadn't done my job properly first time

Ta again ,
yes I have set them at around those settings altering as the days pass to get it right for the family.
He actually did say he would run through them all when they finished.
Got sidetracked had to nip out came back put two rads in the van and they left never to return!
Got there now though guys so thanks again for your help as usual,im sure i will be back
Mikell(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back