Ecotec 637

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im a complete novice so here for help!

I have an ecotec 637 system boiler with a separate unvented cylinder. The hot water temp on the cylinder is set at 60deg.

What should the temp on the boiler be set at? I have underfloor heating everywhere (bungalow)

One plumber set it at 55, but another plumber said it should be 70? Secondly, why does the boiler sometimes go over

Obviously I want to keep bills down

Is the weather controller worth getting?

Sponsored Links
The boiler deffinatly needs to be set higher than the cyl stat otherwise you have no interlock and the boiler will potentially stay on permantly. 70 degrees would be a good starting point and adjust accordingly if the house isnt warm enough but theres too many variables for someone to give you a diffinitive answer on what it should be set at over an internet forum.

The weather compensator is a good piece of kit but bear in mind it will need rewiring completly as your boiler ( a 637 is a system boiler) will need either the vr66 or the vr61 wiring centre to go with it depending on how many heating zones you have.

Just read you have UFH everywhere so you can ignore what i said about house being warm enough as that temp will be blended down at the manifolds anyway.

Thanks tolly. So what would you set the cyclinder stat at & the boiler temp at? Is it the higher it is the more it will cost to run?

Why does the boiler temp sometimes go above the target temp?

What benefit (if any) would the weather control bring?

Sorry for all the questions!

Sponsored Links
His sunshine, i would leave the cyl stat at 60 and set the boiler to 70 to ensure it heats it DHW correctly.

Im not sure regarding using the weather comp ( vrc470) for UFH what benefits this would give you as its designed to be used with a 3 way mixing valve and a vr61 wiring centre for UFH which i dont have experience of. Most people use 3rd party controls for this such as heatmiser which you cant integrate their weather compensator to work in conjunction with.

Thanks Tolly. If I set the cylinder slightly less say 55 & the boiler at say 65 would this have much/any impact on running costs?

The UFH is zoned, so each room has its own neo stat which are timed or from smart phone. All runs back to a wiring centre. House massively insulated & new double glazing, no chimneys, trying to bring running costs down still!

Thanks Tolly. If I set the cylinder slightly less say 55 & the boiler at say 65 would this have much/any impact on running costs?

The UFH is zoned, so each room has its own neo stat which are timed or from smart phone. All runs back to a wiring centre. House massively insulated & new double glazing, no chimneys, trying to bring running costs down still!
You been given the temps so either take the advice or not , try re reading again as that 10 degrees is for a reason and what temp does water condense at ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back