Ecotec plus 415 boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an ecotec plus 415 boiler. It has been fine until a few weeks ago. It suddenly turned off. There was a mains supply to it but the display was blank and unlit. I switched it off at the mains and turned it back on again. The display lit up but remained blank. I switched it off then on again and this time it remained unlit but two dashes appeared on the display. I removed the front of the boiler. I switched on the mains and moved the front panel forward and then it sprang into life. I carefully put the front panel back in place and the boiler continued to work.
A few days later it did the same thing and I rectified it the same way. Last Sunday it went off and was rectified by leaving the mains supply off for 10 minutes before switching it back on again.
Last night it went off and now it won’t go back on.

I thought there may be a mains supply problem to it but the display does do something briefly every time the mains is switched on. It usually lights the backlight or displays the two dashes.

Is there anything I can check or do or does it sound like a board or boiler problem?

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Try running a separate mains connection from a wall socket and plug to remove the posibility of a electrical supply problem.

If that doesn't cure it check for any problems on the pcb perhaps a blown fuse. Other than that it could be a faulty pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back