ecoTEC plus 837 pressure problems

If the boiler installation is under a year old, no Landlord Safety Cert is required.

I do believe the boiler is only a few months old. I believe it was installed in January. The boiler engineer will be out tomorrow. I'll post the results here when the boiler is repaired.

Sponsored Links
Some things are so simple to fix. Underneath the boiler there are two gray knobs. They are used to fill the small tank in the boiler and increase the pressure. I didn't even know they existed as the tank is mounted low enough to where you have to bend down to see underneath it. All the boiler engineer did was turn these two valves to open and the pressure immediately began climbing. Once the pressure was within the required range, he closed the valves. That's it. So simple. I'm not sure how long the pressure stays in the boiler and if it was ever filled up properly when it was installed, but I know my landlord didn't know about these valves either. No worries. I know they are there now if the pressure drops again in the future.

We all know about those knobs, it is the Vaillant filling loop.

The way you initially described the problem meant that we all assumed that you had already tried topping the boiler up, which is a basic operation that the owner is meant to carry out periodically.

The home I am currently renting has a ecoTEC plus 837 that doesn't seem to get adequate pressure to work for very long. I am constantly having to reset the system due to error F.22 and even then the pressure never goes above 0.6. My landlord insists this is normal, but the Vaillant book he left me says it should stay between 1.0 and 2.0. We have to reset the system an average of five times a day and we're really tired of it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Its really difficult for us to interpret that as anything other than you know how to repressurise the system and are doing it regularly!

Anyway its fixed now!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The home I am currently renting has a ecoTEC plus 837 that doesn't seem to get adequate pressure to work for very long. I am constantly having to reset the system due to error F.22 and even then the pressure never goes above 0.6. My landlord insists this is normal, but the Vaillant book he left me says it should stay between 1.0 and 2.0. We have to reset the system an average of five times a day and we're really tired of it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Its really difficult for us to interpret that as anything other than you know how to repressurise the system and are doing it regularly!

Anyway its fixed now!

Tony

Actually, based on what the boiler engineer showed me, I clearly didn't know how to pressurize the system and neither did my landlord. When I initially posted, I was hoping someone with Vaillant boiler experience would respond. The F.22 would have given the problem away immediately. No worries though. It's all working now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back