EcoTech Plus 824 - No water flow from hot taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is no water flowing when I turn on any of the hot taps.

The boiler is on and the central heating seems to be working well.

The loss of hot water has happened shortly after connecting a new 22mm cold supply pipe ( the old one was 15mm ). My first theory is that debris may have blocked something.

I have already removed/examined/replaced the aqua sensor, to see whether it was jammed, but there is no obvious problem there.

d.22 = 0 = No flow
No faults are showing on the screen currently, but the fault history shows a number of F.22 ( dry fire ).

The DHW did work during a couple of quick tests after the new pipe was connected. Since then there has been no flow at all.
The cold water is ON and has a decent pressure.

What else can I try before contacting Vaillant ?

Sponsored Links
Make sure that both the filling loop valves are in the OFF position, I think its the left hand one, will stop the hot water flow.

I know its basic, but is the iso valve on?

Slacken off the nut of the DHW outlet under the boiler, if its pressurised, your know it. Do it slowly! If it is, then boilers probably ok and could be blockage elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for these responses.

(One of) the filling valves may indeed be the prime suspect. It corresponds with something seeming a bit odd when I refilled the CH. . . . . .

At the start, of the CH refill, both tapheads on the filling loop showed closed.
I turned the left one ON and the water started filling the the CH circuit. i.e. the taphead on the right-hand-side was still showing "closed". . . . but it is probably really OPEN . . . and blocking the DHW.

I'm going to nip over to the house now and check the theory.

Solved !! Many thanks to all contributors.

The valve for the CH filling loop on the right-hand-side ( cold supply IN ) was open to the filling loop while its taphead indicated "Closed".
i.e. taphead had slipped out of the correct position.

I have tightened up the screws on the tapheads and they are now moving the valves as expected and indicating the valve position correctly.

The DHW is back !! Phew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back