Edging a corrugated steel roof (and fitting Veluxes)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My love shack is coming on nicely (its an old greenhouse, half of which I'm keeping as a greenhouse, the other half will be a home office/shed, pics attached). I have a couple of points around fitting the roof which I'd like some wisdom/thoughts on.
- Roof is OSB covered in foil I've got corrugated steel to cover it (1 inch deep/8cm wide wibbles)
- there are 2 velux windows in the roof

What do I do at the ends of the roof (see pics - specifically where the corrugated steel changes to glass) - one of:
- dangle the steel over the glass slightly
- build a wooden ending between the steel and the glass that goes up and over the steel
(see pics)

How to seal the veluxes (these are skip finds, I have no flashing kit but do have flashing tape, sorry no artists impressions for this one)
- current plan is to try to snuggle the steel up against the window to catch water off the window straight onto the steel.
- Plan B is to leave a gap around the window and use flashing tape to fashion a border to divert water around the window onto the steel below the window (ie a flashing kit made of flashing tape)

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

thanks,

Jim
Bristol

Attachments

• endOfRoofOption1.jpg
    endOfRoofOption1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 34
  • endOfRoofOption2.jpg
    endOfRoofOption2.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20231009_075929.jpg
    IMG_20231009_075929.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back