Edging - replacing them with something stronger?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Currently, my edging in the rear garden is something like this, but very, VERY rotten. And breaks when I use a trimmer along it.

1715730140572.png

Ideally, I am looking to replace them with something 'stronger' and it can't be a straight line, as the garden have some curves along the garden.

What do you suggest I replace them with?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Type in Google m.

Paving kerb stones.

Will bring up edging stones etc, and the smaller ones can go around curves

Ohh, that looks interesting... thank you, will look more into this.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240520-191025.png
    Screenshot_20240520-191025.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 13
How far does the edging need to go and will there be many curves along the edge?

Straight line are the fence.

Edging is what it looks like with the curves. I am liking the Everedge that @pcaouolte mentioned - looks simple and can be bent around curves easily.

The design was already there when I moved in, so if it gets too difficult to sort, I might be able to redesign it in the long term future.
1716277268310.png

so, how much do you need - in terms of cost per metre it's handy to know.

Which do you think fits the aesthetic of your garden better - wood; metal or stone?

Fence are painted in slate grey

Wood wouldn't last long as that's what are installed at the moment - they're all rotten and breaks up when I use a grass trimmer.

So, metal and stone are fine, but the easier installation, the better. I would suspect metal as I can bend it as I go along.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back