EDPM Roof, and other quandaries...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have just put up a sips garden room shell made from 97mm sip panels, roof included.

I'm scratching my head over fascias. They don't come in 97mm seemingly! Therefore,

Do I cut the fascia back to flush with the roof deck, and just carry on with the rubber roof install? Or is ther a better product for such a small thickness?

If yes, cut em down, which is the best way to cut them? Blade and snap/saw?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fascia goes flush with the deck with epdm trims and can overhang the joists, soffit at the bottom.

Hi All

I have just put up a sips garden room shell made from 97mm sip panels, roof included.

I'm scratching my head over fascias. They don't come in 97mm seemingly! Therefore,

Do I cut the fascia back to flush with the roof deck, and just carry on with the rubber roof install? Or is ther a better product for such a small thickness?

If yes, cut em down, which is the best way to cut them? Blade and snap/saw?

Thanks.
What type of 'fascia' are we talking here?

Sponsored Links
9mm plastic cover boards. Sorry, an important detail!
you could cut down 150mm fascia boards -circular saw is probably quickest way

or use them full size and batten below for the fascia

I would have a look at how much room the gutter and brackets take up before deciding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back