Efforescence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am laying a new area of cement paving Brindle riven on a solid bed of sand cement 1 to 6 mix.
The slabs have very bad staining where they have stood awaiting laying streaks have formed and to be frank my new paved area is going to look ****e till mother nature get off her butt and starts weathering them.
I contacted the makers Cemex and to be fair the reply was to be expected, time will heal!(n)
They advise against using anything stronger that soapy water and a stiff brush, which helped not a jot. Any suggestions which will not damage the finish would be very welcome please.:)

Sponsored Links
Our neighbours wall has had efflorescence in it since built 20 years ago, not convinced it will automatically go with time.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Update, I found scrubbing the slabs with a wet microfibre cloth seems to work quite well while I was removing a couple of cement splashes!
It is starting to weather a bit already.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back