Eggs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A tray of 24 eggs in my local shop have just doubled in price overnight...Which racketeers are taking us to the cleaners now?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's not made the news has it? They've just got the price wrong.

They were BOGOF last week and he didn't notice. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I get my eggs for free, I keep chickens. Nothing like a fresh laid egg in the morning and yes you can taste a big difference.

Andy

I get my eggs for free, I keep chickens. Nothing like a fresh laid egg in the morning and yes you can taste a big difference.

Andy

We need to get to the bottom of this price hike though, so maybe as a chicken owner you can help.

Have the chickens been making any extravagant demands lately, or has chicken feed increased in price significantly?
:LOL: :LOL:

No And No, but for some reason I have noticed that in the past 2-3 days the eggs having been tasting better, so maybe they have upped in the quality control department before making any demands.

Andy

Having 6 of our own chooks, chicken feed no longer costs chicken feed!

Probably only costing half of the supermarket crap now... :cry:

You see a lot of people with their own chickens now. Well country people anyway.
We build egg producing poultry units for clients. Total cost of one of them is around £200k. About 300 cu/m of concrete per house roughly.
And you need two to make a living from it.
About £35k buys all the concrete. Thats the cheap part.

Think its around 5000 chickens per house. And for free range you need about seven acres of land.

Sponsored Links
Back