eggs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
scranbled eggs... I love thes, especially with shredded smoke salmon pepper and mushrooms, gorrrrgeous.

anyway... is there a way of doing them to stop the pan becoming a nightmare to clean?

and, poached eggs... come on all... how do you make a perfect one? I end up with half the egg in a swirling mess in the water and a tiny little effort left to eat?

there must be an easy fool proof way?

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
scranbled eggs... I love thes, especially with shredded smoke salmon pepper and mushrooms, gorrrrgeous.
Me too. Big time.

toffee said:
anyway... is there a way of doing them to stop the pan becoming a nightmare to clean?
Yup - microwave oven - marvellous.

toffee said:
and, poached eggs... come on all... how do you make a perfect one? I end up with half the egg in a swirling mess in the water and a tiny little effort left to eat?

there must be an easy fool proof way?
Boil the water before bunging the egg in, and don't mess around with it too much.

Isn't the boot on the wrong foot here? Shouldn't you be getting on with being good at cooking and telling me to get my mucky boots off your clean floor?

softus.... sore point.
my kitchen floor is.... still concrete..
I have been waiting for five months noe for it to be tiled.

counting to ten...

the bowl surely still gets difficult to clean even in the microwave?

I have tried swirling the water, adding vinegar or lemon juice and I still get rubbish poached eggs.

I love curling up on the kitchen sofa in dressing gown, with scrambled eggs, huge mug of tea, and paper. yummy yum.

re poaching eggs

have you not got one of these

yyou can get much cheaper ones if you look for them, my one cost a five 8+ years ago

Sponsored Links
poached eggs - apart from the obvious...an Egg Poacher - heres what I do ( works 80% of the time):
Break your egg into a cup, ramekin or some such utensil. Bring water to the boil then lower the heat. Pour in a small amount of white vinegar ( I usually fill the cap of the bottle) and swirl the liquid madly( use a whisk, spoon, whatever.....finger not recommended!) , swiftly pour the egg into the centre of the mini whirlpool, at this point remove the pan from the heat but cover with a lid. It usually takes 2-3 minutes for the egg to be cooked through.

Delicious with freshly ground black pepper, wholemeal taost and a generous helping of HP sauce.

no, I dont have one.
I did have a little two egg plastic thing from lakeland plastics but the eggs just stuck to it.
do they stick to yours or just slide out?
I am trying to find healthier options than fried eggs and if these work then I will get one.

toffee said:
softus.... sore point.
Sorry :(

toffee said:
the bowl surely still gets difficult to clean even in the microwave?
Nope - you can just run some warm water, vaguely wave the bowl in the direction of the sink, count to five, rinse and wipe. I could do a bleedin' advert it's so easy.

toffee said:
I have tried swirling the water, adding vinegar or lemon juice and I still get rubbish poached eggs.
If it weren't highly inappropriate, I'd offer to demonstrate by cooking you breakfast, but people would talk...

toffee said:
I love curling up on the kitchen sofa in dressing gown, with scrambled eggs, huge mug of tea, and paper. yummy yum.
Of course! Who wouldn't? Not forgetting the bacon, coffee, fresh orange juice with bits in, toast 'n' marmalade etc. etc.!

Er, just a moment - kitchen sofa?

toffee said:
do they stick to yours or just slide out?

neither.

i put the heat on allow water to start to boil the "wipe" the holder with a thin layer of butter, eggs never stick then

i have just found this one

much cheaper

I used to use one of those poachers and the egg would stick to the cups even after I had buttered them, but come to think of it it probably wasn't non-stick. Anyway I think it's much easier to do them in water, just add vinegar and bring down from the boil before tipping the egg out of a cup into the water.

Yeah, plastered got there first. Use a little vinegar in the water. Also, I use a frypan rather than a saucepan. This way the egg is supported rather than floating around.

Sponsored Links
Back