Egypt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Myself, Mrs Dubya and lil Miss Dubya have just been over for a couple of weeks.

We were based in Sharm but did a trip out to Cairo, the desert for a Bedouin supper and I did some deep sea diving in the red sea. (Amazing).

Just wondered if anyone else had been, as we are wanting to go back in April next year and I'd like to see more of the country thats undiscovered.

Cheers,

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Only thing up with Egypt is its full of Egyptians .Would rob their grannies blind.
Got robbed by tourist police pointing a machine gun at me. Had to pay for my camera back coming out of great pyramid . And Cairo museum . Stop and look at anything and someone starts speaking to you and wants money for it

Sharm is massively more expensive than Cairo.
Had a taxi in cairo for 7 hours and around 50 miles while went to saquarra ,Memphis and Dahshur. Cost me £6.50 guy thought i was the business when i gave him a tenner then basically employed him for next three days.
Mind waking up with the Pyramids just outside your window a few hundred yards away was a sight to behold

Best thing I ever did in Egypt was learn the lingo for "I live here". they **** off sharpish if they think you are a "local".

Best thing I ever did in Egypt was learn the lingo for "I live here". they **** off sharpish if they think you are a "local".

In Naama Bay, just pull out your mobile and fake a call. They literally dissapear as they rely on the resorts to bring them trade. If your hassled too much you just call the hotel your at. They will investigate and shut them down if they see fit. (And they do - as it affects hotel trade). We saw it happen the night before we came home as 2 guests at the same hotel we were in were charged £70 for 2 drinks at some bar.

The only bad thing about Egypt is the Russians IMO. Egyptians on the other hand were friendly - if you flash a smile and can flip their words around.

I'd go back in a flash, but I'll haggle for hours if I have to - much to my wifes boredom :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Been to Egypt lots of times done the pyramids and the Nile and the red sea resorts diving/snorkeling is superb

lovely place loads to see only 5 hours for Guaranteed sunshine all year round and good value

Minor risk of being blown up but what the hey!

I went on an excursion from Cyprus to Egypt a few years ago and didn't like it at all.

I've no intention of ever going back as I've no desire to be in a country where it's so dangerous for the tourist coaches that they each have to have an armed guard on them as they drive at break-neck speed from Port Said to Cairo/Giza :eek:

I'm inclined to agree with Karinska. When you're sitting in your holiday complex with its air conditioning, constant running water, well stocked bar and restaurant, etc, etc, it's easy to forget what's outside the (heavily guarded) perimeter. Never mind spiders or snakes or sharks. The most dangerous animal on this planet walks on two legs! :!: :!: :!:

We were based in Sharm but did a trip out to Cairo, the desert for a Bedouin supper and I did some deep sea diving in the red sea. (Amazing).
Been a few times at Sharm but didn't go out of town, I go there mainly for the weather and see the coral fishs, didn't do deep sea diving but snorkeling on top to see all the coral fishs from the floating jettys, very colourful & out of this world and it's free!

I went on an excursion from Cyprus to Egypt a few years ago and didn't like it at all.

I've no intention of ever going back as I've no desire to be in a country where it's so dangerous for the tourist coaches that they each have to have an armed guard on them as they drive at break-neck speed from Port Said to Cairo/Giza :eek:

Was thinking of posting few days ago but thought it would be all sorted now, i can also confirm this was the same for us. Infact a week after we got back a bus got ambushed and alot got killed was on the news and that.

The other thing was they emptied the toilet from the coach onto the main road, my nans hand bag nearly got snatched but she wacked him round the head lol oh and last but not least we seen the kids hitting each other( Not slaps i mean trying to kill each other) trying to get the scrap food from our coaches all in all it was a nice place to visit :rolleyes:

Glad i went in the pyramids though its magical ;)

Sponsored Links
Back