EHE0200361 Thermostat Relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 x EHE0200361 thermostats. One for the central heating and one for the underfloor heating. See image.

My builders installed them years ago before I physically moved into the house.

From my research, I understand that this thermostat comes with a relay for wireless control.
Yet, I have never seen the relay box anywhere.

I've searched around the boiler but nothing at all.

Could this thermostat work without a relay? Does that mean it's wired up directly to the boiler without a relay?

JH

Attachments

• IMG_3486.JPG
    IMG_3486.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
No they don't connect to the boiler you will have zone control somewhere, with a wiring centre, the stats connect to these and they in turn control the boiler

No they don't connect to the boiler you will have zone control somewhere, with a wiring centre, the stats connect to these and they in turn control the boiler

Yes, I found the box you mentioned. See the image.

So my thermostat on the wall connects to this.

Now I have a new thermostat with a relay. The thermostat itself is wireless but I need to connect the relay to the wires.

Do I simply take off the old thermostat from the wall and use the same wires for the new relay, or, do I need to hook up the relay to this junction box that you mentioned.

JH

Attachments

• IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 143
I have 2 x EHE0200361 thermostats.
Yes, I found the box you mentioned. See the image.

So my thermostat on the wall connects to this.
No it doesnt connect to anything, it sends an RF signal to the ceiver , the receiver gets wired in there

One for the central heating and one for the underfloor heating.

Now I have a new thermostat with a relay.

It is not a relay, it is a wireless receiver, if you have two wirelesss thermostats you need two wireless receivers

Sponsored Links
Right, but where do I wire them?
Do I wire them where my existing thermostats are or do I wire them to the junction box in the image?

JH

Attachments

• IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 86
you wire them in to the junction box, and you install them next to the junction box

Does that mean I tear out the thermostat from the wall and also tear out the wire that goes between the junction box and the thermostat?

JH

Last edited:
How many times do I need to tell you ? there are NO wires in a wireless thermostat that is why they are called wireless

I'm referring to the wireless receiver which wirelessly connects to the wireless thermostat.

If I connect that at the junction box, then what do I do with the existing old thermostat and its wires (from the junction box)?

JH

If I connect that at the junction box, then what do I do with the existing old thermostat and its wires
Sorry over to someone else , you will not listen, there are NO wires in your thermostats, the thermostat is simply removed from the wall, the existing receivers are replaced by the two new ones, they will use the existing wires that are in the old receivers

What is it you’re trying to do? Are you replacing the thermostats? What boiler?

What is it you’re trying to do? Are you replacing the thermostats? What boiler?

I have a vailant boiler.
I have two thermostats which are connected directly to the boiler without a wireless receiver. The wireless receiver doesn't exist because the builders didn't install it. That's why the thermostats are connected directly to the junction box (located underneath the boiler).

So now, I want to install a new thermostat WITH a wireless receiver (also called RELAY by Lightwave).

1. Do I remove the existing thermostat from the wall and expose the wiring (coming from the junction box) and wire the relay right there on the wall?
2. Do I connect the relay to the junction box? If so, what do I do with the existing thermostat that's on the wall and the wiring which goes from the junction box to that thermostat?

JH

Well perhaps you have a battery operated wired thermostat and not wireless. A wireless one doesn’t work without a receiver as Ian pointed out, unless you have an intergas (which you don’t) where it’s built into the boiler. https://www.wolseley.co.uk/wcsstore...lang.all/ti/on/Center_340010_Installation.pdf

So if you’re replacing a wired one, for wireless, it’s best you remove the wires at the thermostat end and wiring center end, and all new wiring located to wiring center. If it is indeed wireless, then you should be able to swap the wiring over from existing receiver to new one. Replacing the thermostat on the wall, or just have it as a stand-alone item.

Yes, I guess I have a wired system at the moment.
I want to make it wireless.

But is there any issue with using the existing wiring at the thermostat to connect to the wireless relay, rather than at the Junction Box?
It would make life much easier.
JH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back