ELBOW OR NOT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ASKED EARLIER ABOUT TAKING OFF RADIATOR CAN I PUT TWO STOP ENDS ONE ON EACH PIPE?OR DO I NEED TO PUT AN ELBOW ON TO CONNECT THEM?

Sponsored Links
Are you thinking along the lines that with the radiator gone you need to connect the incoming pipe to the outgoing pipe.
There is no need! You can if you wish remove radiator and leave upstanding pipes with closed valves in situ.
Or you can cap the valves in case someone decides to open them, you can get the blanking caps at B & Q (fitted with rubber disc).
Or you can remove valves and fit a different type of blanking cap (fitted with copper oilive)
Or you could cut the upstanding pipes below the valves and fit blanking cap ( this could be either compression type with olive or you could use a plastic push on type) The push on type have an 'O' ring to make the seal and a 'toothed ring' to prevent removal so make sure there are no sharp edges or burrs that could damage the 'O' ring.
There's a few methods of blanking off including a 'stop end' which is soldered in place.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
sure I did reply

you did see here

message for TRON

ther is no need so start a new thread for the same question, as you can see it only confuses the issue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back