Elecrolux, fan assisted electric oven - cutting off???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above oven. Over the last week the oven keeps cutting off.
The oven comes on but cuts off after 15/20 minutes or so :mad: .
I think the thermostat has gone and the safety device is cutting in after 15/20 minutes and shutting the oven down.

Am I right any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Does it have a digital timer?
If it does there is usualy a cooling fan that will come on to blow air across, if the fan has gone then the oven will shut down once the control area reaches a pre set temp.
So you could have a faulty fan
Faulty t/stat (unlikely)
Faulty pre set t/stat that controls the fan. for cooling.

Can you remember, did a fan used to come on (not the one in the oven)

Cheers for the reply mate.

The oven does have a digital timer. The fan and light both come on and the oven warms up nice and hot.

don't if this is coincedence but this problem seems to have conceded with a power cut we had last week??.

Just ran a check on the oven, temprature led on for first 10 mins or so, came on and off and regular 2/3 min intervials until the oven cut off after 20 minutes. The main fan ran ok thoughout the time the oven was on.

Does this sounds like the faulty fan you mentioned before :?: .

Its about, does it have a fan for the digital timer, they usually do.
My one the fan comes on immediately & stays on after switching off.
Some models the fan will only switch on after a few minutes, ie when the timer is starting to get warm.

Can you remember if there was a fan for the control panel.

It could also be a faulty element & is going open circuit when it gets hot.

Sponsored Links
The model I have the fan comes on immeadiately and runs after the oven is turned off to cool the oven down, however this is not happening at the moment with the problem I have.
There is a fan indicator on the oven functions on the control panel.

Hope this helps?? :)

Sounds like the cooling fan isnt working.
If you can get the control panel off, you should be able to check the motor.
It may be worth a couple of phone calls to repair men, to see what the charge is, from what you are telling me they should be able to tell you.

If you have a go yourself
SWITCH OFF FIRST.

Remove the top panel and see if there is a blue object the size of your little finger secured to the wiring , with four wires coming out of it.If there is this will look burnt,and will be the source of your problem.Of course switch off at the mains first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back