ElecTa course

lor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

has anyone any experience of this training course ?

i am interested in doing my 17th edition seems better than a 3day crammed in course costing £500.

Sponsored Links
hi,

has anyone any experience of this training course ?

i am interested in doing my 17th edition seems better than a 3day crammed in course costing £500.

Try one that covers rules/guidance/regulations in your location :rolleyes:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
I meant ELECTA not elecsa

it is a correspondance training course , just wondered if it is any good before paying for it .

I'm not sure any qualification would be recognised in the Mariana islands[/img]

Sponsored Links
The thing is you live in a country which is a commonwealth in political union with the United States, so a qualification proving knowledge of BS 7671 isn't going to be of much use to you - you'll probably need something showing knowledge of the NEC.

But I have to say that if you aren't bright enough to know where in the world you live you're not going to be able to cope with becoming an electrician.

The "TA" bit of their name is probably their way of saying "thank you" for the money.

Try and get something into your head.

Being an electrician is a vocational occupation. You need to use your hands to do practical things with wire and screwdrivers and stuff.
A proper college course will do all of the study stuff and also includes workshop sessions.

Unfortunately, you'll have to gain immigration status and get yourself into the UK for a year or three to do the course. The UK government is just clamping down on people like you trying to get into the UK for "training"

Where would you use the qualifications? Japan's your nearest big country but they don't use BS7671.

thank you all for your replies but I was looking for someone
WITH SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OF THIS COMPANY'S COURSE.
I now live in London ( as Im sure you realise )..you English and your funny sense of humour.
I don't want to be an electrician but do work on electrical panels and motors as a part of my job ,

So are you saying that your location is not 'Northern Mariana Islands'. Then you should probably correct your profile so that people can offer you relevant advice.

Unfortunately for you you've come to a forum populated in the main by people with more intelligence and awareness than you can begin to realise is possible, so you're bound to get observations which you were not expecting.

I now live in London ( as Im sure you realise )..
How long have you realised it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI ALL,
My job (IN THE UK) requires me to test 3 phase motors...

I don't want to be an electrician but do work on electrical panels and motors as a part of my job ,
Then you should find another job.

If you can have been living in London for at least 10 months without realising that you are no longer on a tropical Pacific island then I fear that you have such intellectual challenges that you will be completely unable to cope with the complexity of such work.

We see people here from time to time, who are attempting to become electricians but who are struggling with basic maths and basic electrical theory that isn't supposed to unduly tax 12-15 year-olds. You just know that they simply don't have what it takes to be an electrician, and that sooner rather than later the realities of the world will come crashing in on them and they will have to drop out, and the longer they delay the inevitable the more of their life they will have wasted.

I know it's become fashionable to pretend that everyone is equally talented, and that 50% of the population is capable of getting a university degree, and that it's become very unfashionable to say "sorry - you aren't that clever", but that whole edifice is a monumental and, ultimately, very cruel lie.

And I have never wanted to have anything to do with it.

Lor, if you can move half-way around the globe from a tropical island to the UK and not notice for at least 10 months then, no matter how unwelcome it is to you the reality is that you have nowhere near enough ability to ever be any good at the job you think you want to do, and you need to reset your expectations sooner rather than later, and before they are reset for you by the inevitable reality of your fundamental inability to cope with electrical work.

Unfortunately for you you've come to a forum populated in the main by people with more intelligence and awareness than you can begin to realise is possible, so you're bound to get observations which you were not expecting.

I now live in London ( as Im sure you realise )..
How long have you realised it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI ALL,
My job (IN THE UK) requires me to test 3 phase motors...

Then you should find another job.

If you can have been living in London for at least 10 months without realising that you are no longer on a tropical Pacific island then I fear that you have such intellectual challenges that you will be completely unable to cope with the complexity of such work.

We see people here from time to time, who are attempting to become electricians but who are struggling with basic maths and basic electrical theory that isn't supposed to unduly tax 12-15 year-olds. You just know that they simply don't have what it takes to be an electrician, and that sooner rather than later the realities of the world will come crashing in on them and they will have to drop out, and the longer they delay the inevitable the more of their life they will have wasted.

I know it's become fashionable to pretend that everyone is equally talented, and that 50% of the population is capable of getting a university degree, and that it's become very unfashionable to say "sorry - you aren't that clever", but that whole edifice is a monumental and, ultimately, very cruel lie.

And I have never wanted to have anything to do with it.

Lor, if you can move half-way around the globe from a tropical island to the UK and not notice for at least 10 months then, no matter how unwelcome it is to you the reality is that you have nowhere near enough ability to ever be any good at the job you think you want to do, and you need to reset your expectations sooner rather than later, and before they are reset for you by the inevitable reality of your fundamental inability to cope with electrical work.

:rolleyes: Give him a break BAS he's probably homesick and he changed his location to the UK before you even posted that reply . . . . go and pick on holmslaw or something.

The fact is that there are many people qualified and employed as electricians who could probably not complete a degree. Not every electrician is the same and for every one who is practically an electrical engineer you probably need about 5 conduit installers/cable layers'/wall bashers getting their hands dirty.

Lor, Why do you want to get your 17th, is it a requirement for your job or something else?

:rolleyes: Give him a break BAS he's probably homesick and he changed his location to the UK before you even posted that reply.
The fact remains he was unaware of his move for at least 10 months.

The fact is that there are many people qualified and employed as electricians who could probably not complete a degree. Not every electrician is the same and for every one who is practically an electrical engineer you probably need about 5 conduit installers/cable layers'/wall bashers getting their hands dirty.
I couldn't agree more.

SKENK

thank you for you kind reply after all the hostility.

I simply want to better myself , I feel as my job includes electrics I would like to have a recognised qualification.
so much anger for such a trivial thing :rolleyes:

ps: they do advertise on this forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back