Electric central heating removal

The hot water for the radiators isn't connected to a boiler !!
The water cylinder heats the water for the radiators

Sponsored Links
Why is that concerning for you ?
I am just interested in finding out if I should throw away the old water cylinder and just start again with a wood burner fitted with a back boiler

Sponsored Links
Why is that concerning for you ?
My only concern, is that an LPG appliance installed improperly, can cause serious harm.
You have suggested that you have DIY installed an LPG water heater, as a temporary measure.
As this is an open forum, we are obliged to mention to any site visitors, that this may not be a be a good path to follow!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I fit LPG systems to cars , and removed the LPG boiler from my caravan temporarily so I can have some hot water in the house , I used the flue from the caravan which is fitted to the outside of the house !!
It's a temporary measure that's all , I am guessing that thousands of people on this forum have done something similar ,needs must

Well it isn't, the photograph at the start is what I have inherited in the house ?
all of the stuff you get with a natural gas Combi boiler but no boiler

Where is the overflow that you mentioned, is it from a loft tank ?

No just one tank , but the overflow piped to the loft

Last edited:
Well it isn't, the photograph at the start is what I have inherited in the house ?
all of the stuff you get with a natural gas Combi boiler but no boiler
You don’t get any of that with a combi boiler, well except the pump. Now admitting to moving an lpg boiler, temporary or not when unqualified to do so. Lpg for automobiles is different to that for domestic premise and even caravans. You should hold all the relevant qualifications to do so. I hope you don’t have any neighbours you’re potentially putting at risk.

Woodburner with back boiler can be used for dhw very successfully, heating is less successfull without a fairly large working fluid buffer (thermal store) to keep the return temperature high enough so you dont get condensation in the firebox.
There are also significant safery precautions required. Unless you are getting fuel for free each kwh will cost more than gas. Plus stoking and cleaning out will soak up significant chunks of your day.

Thanks for answering the question, do you have personal experience of dealing with one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back