electric cooker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought my son a second hand cooker and whilst i was away, his partner plugged it into the wall socket: result was her cooker doesn't work, the microwave has stopped working properly. An electrician who was called out to this rented property said it would cost £300 plus to wire the cooker up to the main board as all the switches in the control unit are full (or something like that) I am a dunce with such things, just trying to help them out.
Is there a way to find out what damage they have done and how to rectify it and then how to get the cooker operational again. I have read on here that it can be plugged into a normal power point again as they do not have a proper cooker point power plug where the cooker is to go.
I feel I caused this problem by buying it for them in the first place and want to try and help but I cant afford those sort of fees now. Do you have to be licensed to do electrical work in a rented property, or with the landlords consent, could someone with relevant knowledge do the work>
many thanks
mags

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back