Electric driveway gates with 100% manual (and automatic) Pedestrian Gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Thought I'd post this as when I wanted to do it, I was told by many it couldn't be done.

I wanted electric gates, but wanted the pedestrian gate to be openable via normal gate latch method - and not intercom or button press. *AND* be automatic openning as well. When I asked around got told it was not possible :( as Electric gate kits "lock" in closed position and prevent manual movement

However, I've sorted it :) Bit heath-Robinson but works well.

I'd also like to plug the electric gate kit manufacturer as when I was looking it appeared to be choices of Chinese junk off ebay, or VERY expensive kits. By chance I contacted a few and only one responded (Quiko) and the advice up front was immense and the detailed advice/help was second to none. They made a kit up for me with the bits I needed and charged very little (fraction above ebay tat) but I know its well made with a parts & support backup (They are huge in Italy and even did all the Taj-Mahal entry systems (not the local curry house).

Anyway, if interested...

And http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2018/05/diy-electric-and-manual-driveway-gates/

Hope someone can steal some ideas and improve :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back