Electric fire working intermittently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our electric fire is playing up just when it is getting cold! It blows hot air for a while then the heat seems to vanish and it just blows out cold air. Any ideas how to fix this out there? :?:

Sponsored Links
Assuming you mean fan heater then it could be a loose connection, or a problem with the stat (if fitted) or the safety cut-out could be playing up.
The fan could be clogged up with fluff/dust causing insufficient air flow and thus the cut-out operates.

The list is (almost) endless..........

Thanks ricicle, that gives me a few ideas.......I will investigate. Appreciate the quick response. It is a fan heater by the way, should have mentioned that but you obviously knew what I meant!

Jerryg :)

Sponsored Links
I think the mention of blowing air sort of gave the game away. Some of us are also psychic(i think that is the correct spelling) :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back