Electric fire.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just discovered that my electric fire (2kw) power supply is taken from a socket on my downstairs ring main. It goes though an FCU and then to the fire is this safe. There is also a 2nd FCU off the FCU that I was going to use to power a wall mounted TV but now don't know if it is safe to do so. So ring main to FCU then fire. With a 2nd FCU of the other FCU to a TV is this safe. Just moved into house a year ago so still discovering things that need putting right....Please help....

Sponsored Links
A f/spur when run in 2.5 TE can cope with 13 amps.

So a fused spur with a futher fused spur has the same limitations as in the total load should not exceed 13A and the combined fuse value shouldn't exceed 13A.

Since fuses come in 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 and 13 amps I'd fuse the heater at 10 amp (230v x 10 = 2300w) and that leaves 3 amps (230v x 3 = 690w) for the TV.

Cheers thats sounds easy that means i can just changed a few fuses as the FCU's are there and then get an electrician to run some 2.5 up to a socket on the wall....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back