Electric Garage Door Opener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are just about to move house and want to put an electric garage door opener on our next house.

I know it is an up and over design and will need a canapoy arm.

Has anyone fitted one themselves? How easy is it? Can a novice to DIY attempt this.

The more details the better

Thanks

Sponsored Links
newtodiy123 said:
Hi

We are just about to move house and want to put an electric garage door opener on our next house.

I know it is an up and over design and will need a canapoy arm.

Has anyone fitted one themselves? How easy is it? Can a novice to DIY attempt this.

The more details the better

Thanks

Most of them as far as I know, have a plug on the end, even a kid could plug it in. :rolleyes:

Fitting the unit is another problem completely, just read the instuctions, although I didnt fit it myself, the one on my garage looks simple enough to fit, just need enough clearence above, my garage was built around the door, in a manner of speaking.

THe main problem will probably be the existing mechanism which will probably be loose, and shaky, my bet is you'll have to fix this first before putting the opener on, which finding a suitable power source apart should be pretty easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back