Electric Hob Neon Light Flickering and Smoking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an electric hob which is separate from the oven recessed in the worktop. Recently the neon light indicator next to the controls has started to flicker, buzz and produce smoke.

I switched off the cooker at the cooker switch and let it cool down completely. I then turned it back on and turned a ring on. The cooker neon light still flickers and buzzes and produces grey smoke.

Is there anything I can do to get the cooker working. Or is it a job for the sparkie?

Regards

James

P.S There is no branding on the hob or oven so I cant do any model checks

Sponsored Links
You need to call qualified help to sort this out. No external branding sounds almost as bad as flickering & smoking. The first thing a service company will ask is "what make is it". Did you get it installed as part of a kitchen package? If so who sold it & when. There should be a nameplate in the oven door recess...better hope it isn't produced in China.

I'm a tennant renting through a letting agency. They have already had to replace the cooker switch due to shoddy wiring and smoke appearing from there too

I can find a model number between the oven door and oven at the bottom. But when i google it I find nothing. Again the hob is separate to the oven

I'll let them know the fault tomorrow and see what can be done. Imo I think it may need an entire replacement.

Regards

James

Sponsored Links
Then this isn't your problem is it.....Let the landlord to sort it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back