Electric metering and timeclocks

Looks like its for outside or stair lights to me.
Are they still working ?

Turn that switch off ABOVE the timer.

Do your lights stop working now ?

Once off grab the metal part of the timer and pull it out.

Switch the switch back on if needed and if the clock is still making a noise hide it somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy

The switch above the clock controls the light circuits in the flat. On or off, the ticking still happens. Nothing I've tried so far has stopped the ticking at all, including taking out the timer dial, or altering the switch beneath the clock. It sounds like the ticking is coming from the interior of the timeclock and I can't access this without unscrewing the black encasing. Not sure I would be well advised to try this as I'm clearly a complete novice!

Thanks
Carrie

Like I said earlier, if you pull the dial forward (it will be tight so give it a wriggle) then the whole mechanism should come free from the black surround. Sometimes there's a holding screw in place around the edge somewhere but other than that it should come in one piece.

If it's still ticking after that then just pop it in a cupboard for a bit until the battery dies.

Sponsored Links
sorry I hadn't understood what you'd meant before. Anyway I've done that now and the ticking has stopped!! Thanks so much for your help and patience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back