Electric oven

Sponsored Links
Think it does increase earth leakage though, the higher frequencies involved can result in an increased leakage current across the phase-> cpc capacitance of the cable, I think*

*well thats my understanding anyway, though I could have got the whole thing around my neck though

*wanders off to the iee forum in persuit of better understanding*

JohnD said:
And perhaps it is nuisance tripping. Is this a 30mA RCD or a 100mA one? Why is the cooker on an RCD - it is not usually considered appropriate?

Had a look inside the cu. Seems to be a single load system and so not possible to move cooker connection. The MCB/RCD is a Hager type but does not appear in their current product list ( its got French labelling on it)
Took out the temperature probe looks ok, no corrosion.
Another thing, after more tests, and even mor Kwh!!, it seems that the tripping only occurs when oven temp is above about 200 degC.

Sponsored Links
DaveHM said:
Had a look inside the cu. Seems to be a single load system and so not possible to move cooker connection. The MCB/RCD is a Hager type but does not appear in their current product list ( its got French labelling on it)

Any chance of a pic?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back