Electric shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum's shower's playing up. Triton. Seems to be an electric, fed by cold water only.

It comes out cold. Turn the stat up and just as it reaches 'max' it clicks on then comes out boiling. Turn it down and you have to turn down a long way before it clicks, then freezing again.

I'm guessing a faulty thermostat? If so, can they be replaced or is it a new shower unit?

If not, could it be that the cold supply is just too cold for the stat to handle? If so, recommendation for a better unit?

I've also seen references online to elctric showers which have a 'summer/winter' switch. What are these and how do they work?

Sponsored Links
thats the symptons of a faulty stabiliser valve.
to check the valve remove head turn to fully cold the flow should be powerful then turn to fully hot the flow should gradually reduce down to a trickle.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks.
Mum found a leak in the supply pipe outside - temp fix in place and shower now fine.
Low water pressure!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back