Electric Shower Cold Only in Morning

• Thread starter Deleted member 64697
  • Start date
It is sealed so I can't change it, but since the clocks have changed the time is now right. It says 22:00 and it's only 22:07 now. What time should low rate turn off? I think I remember this morning that the low rate was still on at about 8:15.

Sponsored Links
Just quickly flicked through the thread, you say your water pressure is the same all day? Have you checked this using a pressure gauge? Checked filters are clear? Have you done anything about the 10.5kw shower being on a 30A fuse?

tuttifruiti said:
what does phase-neutral or phase-earth mean?
To which terminals, or conductors, did you attach the meter probes/clips when taking your measurement.

Another useful observation would be to repeat the measurements while the shower is running.

fireman22 said:
just thinking that some how when the time clock is putting the meter into eco 7 mode its not allowing as much current through.
How would this work? Are you imagining a high resistance somewhere, that would drop the current but not show up as a volt drop when the circuit isn't loaded?

I haven't checked the pressure with a gauge but just timed how long it took to fill a jug in the morning and evening (a couple of seconds between it - faster slightly in morning)

In regard to the fusebox, I've got a couple of quotes for changing the fusebox and am just waiting for some details.

Sponsored Links
when you had builders in the kitchen did you have any pipe work done ? just wondering if rubish dirt could have got into the eletric shower some how?

Softus, I checked the difference between the blue wire and the brown wire.

I've just checked the value whilst the shower is on and working (i.e., hot this evening) and it's 244/243 (fluctuating between values)

Suffolklad, I did have pipework done in the kitchen (new sink, new washer) but the shower was pumped in to the mains and not from the water tank so would the pipe come through the kitchen first?

Going back to the beginning . . .

"I had an electric shower (Triton Ivory III) installed about 2 months ago. Everything was fine until recently."

Have you called the installer and asked him to sort it out?

Also

Have you tried it at different times of day/night? e.g. what happens at midday on Saturday and Sunday?

I had an electric shower (Triton Ivory III) installed about 2 months ago. Everything was fine until recently. I now only get cold water in the morning but if I try in the evening it works just fine even though I've changed none of the settings (i.e., kept at power selector at economy and the tempature at half way). The power light is on at the unit and the isolating switch. There is no pressure light as part of the unit but the flow looks good.

I've been late for work a few times now as I try different approaches and shower times, and I really need some help.

Can anyone suggest what is happening? Thank you for helping :)

what Kw is the shower, no matter what it should be fine any time. In Eco mode all that is normally doing is operating 1 element instead of 2 therefore on cold days or mornings its no use unless on full power. If on full power and turned up it still is cold, you have a faulty unit.

This really sounds like the shower is fed from an E7 circuit. Some showers will allow water through even with no electric to the unit (I know that Gainsburgh do one!!) They use a mechanical solenoid directly connected to the 'start/stop' button instead of an electrically opertated one.

As you have a multimeter, what is the readingwhen the shower does not work??

Sorry for the long wait - the postal strike and a holiday are to blame.

I've now got the measures:

In morning when shower doesn't work:
Switch on: 246
Switch off: 0

In the evening when the shower does work:
Switch on: 244
Switch off: 0

Does this help?

Can you post a photo of the insides of the shower unit please?

I suppose that I should have read the whole thread first!!

Have just read a fault diagnostic sheet on the triton website and it says that an excess of water pressure can cause cold water issues!!

:!: in which case, turn on a cold tap before you start the shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back