Electric shower connection directly back into wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post here, looking for info on the following:
Our shower packed in this morning (Mira advance) but we have a replacement (Mira advance thermostatic ATL). Thought it would be a straight forward swap as same kW rating, size etc. but the old showers water supply came directly back into the wall rather than a rising or falling feed. The manual states these showers should not be supplied in this manner but doesnt say why.
Can anyone advise why this is & what the dangers are of fitting the new shower in this way?

Thanks in advance for any replies/advice.

Jason

Sponsored Links
If the manufacturers instructions say its not suitable to be fed from behind then dont feed it from behind, enough said you will void the warranty if fit against instructions! Its probably not a big job to pipe it correctly anyway

Thanks for the reply Bazdaman,

I understand the warrenty implications etc. i am just curious as to why the water feed can't be made in this way as the the old showers worked fine for the last few years (was here when we moved in). I'm in the process of re-plumbing it now but was just wondering & couldnt find an answer anywhere!

Cheers,

Jason

To be honest there is not likely to be any safety implications with feeding it from the back, its just im a gasman and as every other gasman will tell you we like to work to the letter of manufacturers instructions!

Sponsored Links
You can have a rear entry on the ATL but it must be using a tap connector not a straight pipe into the rear of the inlet connector.

ie the tap connector enables the pipe to come from the rear but then 90 degree bend into the bottom/top of inlet connector.

Your mira advance will probably have a tap connector if pipe is rear entry already.
The tap connector connects with an adaptor not the useal fibre washer.
The inlet/filter connection must be kept vertical not horizontal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back