Electric shower connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of an electric shower that EXACTLY matches the water and electricity connections of the Triton "Opal", to make changing it relatively simple?

Sponsored Links
can you not just buy a triton opal or have they discontinued it.

even if the unit as a whole has been discontinued you may still be able to get spare parts and fix whatever the problem is. Lots of people say its usually cheaper to buy a new shower but those people rarely include the cost of moving connections on a tiled wall.

Oops, sorry :oops: I didn't bring the reason to this post.

The current "Opal" fitted at a new house I am moving to is 10.5Kw but is on a 6mm cable.

Rather than rewire, I thought I would just change the shower unit to a 7.5Kw/8Kw that would be ok on the 6mm cable.

Hence I am looking for a model that has the same connection fittings/spacings, so I can just have the old one removed and replaced with the new one, without having to re-tile, etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
From experience I think you will be disappointed with a lower wattage shower. The usual way is UP.

Thanks. Why disappointed exactly? Will it not get hot enough? I never have the 10.5Kw one turned much after half way.

Thanks DESL, I will enquire from their site. They can probably tell me.

Is 8.5 Kw ok on a 6mm cable and 32A MCB?

Dunton said:
Thanks. Why disappointed exactly? Will it not get hot enough? I never have the 10.5Kw one turned much after half way.

its still running at 10.5kw though ;)

To maintain the same temperature on a 7kw shower, you'll need to have the water flowing much much slower, it'll be dribbling, as the water has to spend more time in the heater to get the same temperature. You will be dissapointed.

Dunton said:
Thanks DESL, I will enquire from their site. They can probably tell me.

Is 8.5 Kw ok on a 6mm cable and 32A MCB?

No, 7.5kw is about tops for a 32A supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back