ELECTRIC SHOWER - low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a property which has an electric shower. The shower was extremely old, was only 7KW and kept going hot and cold. So, I changed it for a HOMEBASE Opal 9.5Kw electric shower.

However, I now know why it was going hot and cold. The new shower keeps showing up a Low Pressure alarm (LED on the front). So I thought that the previous occupants had mabye plumbed it into the header tank output instead of the direct mains output. I don't think this is the case, because I switched off the stop cock and I instantly have no water supply to the shower. (if it was from the tank I would still have water output until the tank is empty).

Anyway, to cut a long and boring story short.....Would a pump sort my problem out ???, or is there mabye something I'm missing !!!!!!

Thanks !!!

Brian

Sponsored Links
We had this problem in the house we moved into. Our shower is separate to the bath. Underneath / to the side of the shower was a tap/valve which we opened up and, hey presto. But this, obviously, depends on whether this was done when your was installed, and whether you can get to that valve thingy

I didn't think you could put a pump on the mains feed. Thanks for re itterating that for me, I wasn't 100% sure.

It must be plumbed into the output from the header tank !!!!! I suppose if I prove this is the case, a pump wouldn't be a problem.

My stop cock is on full and I get loads of pressure both upstairs and down. I can't understand why my electric shower is indicating low pressure.

It's more of an annoyance as I nearly hit the roof when it goes hot then cold then hot...................

Brian

Sponsored Links
Yeah,

Shower head and input filter are clear. Tried that.

I think it's got to be connected to my header tank !!!!

I feel a bypass coming on !!

Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back