Electric shower overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason the water from my mothers electric shower when turned on just runs out the overflow pipe. It is heating the water, any ideas as to why this is happening and can be cured?

The shower in question is a Triton Aquatronic 1

Sponsored Links
Your heater can is scaled up and the build-up of pressure has exceeded the design limit - this causes the pressure relief device to open. Once open it needs to be replaced.

You can get replacement parts from Triton, either by phone or on their web site, or from an independent supplier. Ensure that you get heater can of the same rating as your existing one.

To replace the can you need to isolate the shower unit electrically, but the water doesn't need to be shut off.

Your heater can is scaled up and the build-up of pressure has exceeded the design limit.
Might just be the shower rose that's scaled up. This can cause sufficient back pressure to blow the pressure release mechanism.

Er, yes, quite right, sorry; I was on autopilot and imagining that I was there and had already checked that. :oops:

Luckily for me you were watching Chris.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, although the shower is an old model it was new when installed only 2 months ago. It replaced an identical shower that gave up the ghost. I will check the shower rose and see if that is the problem tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back