Electric shower water cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wanted to check what might be the issue with my electric shower before I pay to have a bew one installed.

Basically, the water shuts off after about 5 minutes if showering. The shower still has power (lights on) and occasionally the water then immediately restarts before cutting out again after a second or two. This happens when running cold water and I have tried running it without the shower head and it still does it. Leaving the shower for a while makes it usuable again.

Strangely, it also seems to turn itself off even if the water isn't actually running- sometimes 20 seconds or so after manually turning the shower water off before it has cut out, I hear the shower unit make a click sound and then if I try to run the shower then no water will come out.

All of the above makes me think it isn't some kind of overheating problem, and I don't know why it would turn the water off when the water isn't actually running.

I've literally got a new shower waiting to be installed, but wanted to check it isn't something obviously wrong such as pressure issues before I spend the time and money instalking a new one just for that to also have problems.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Doesn’t sound pressure related, usually the solenoid or electronics depending on the make/model

Sponsored Links
Possibly the solenoid coil but you probably can't just renew this, you have to renew the solenoid valve assembly at ~ £45.

Possibly the solenoid coil but you probably can't just renew this, you have to renew the solenoid valve assembly at ~ £45.
Yeah, I'd heard about this and figured that if that was the case it was probably best to just replace the whole unit.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back