Electric shower wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric shower - an Aquatronic W800 7 that has gone wrong (either too hot or too cold - so assume it's the thermostat). I need to replace it.
How do I know/choose which power/wattage shower to replace it with (9.5kW ..etc..?).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I cant find such a model when searching google. Perhaps you could tell us the rating of the current shower by looking on the case of the shower (on triton showers the rating is on a sticker on the bottom by the pressure relief valve).

And tell us the particulars of the existing circuit - what rating MCB/fuse, the cable size used, the distance to the shower and switch. We cant tell you what rating to put in otherwise.

Out of interest, thats a strange fault - most electric showers dont have a thermostat - the user varies the temperature by adjusting the water flow through the heater (though the water flow valve is disguised as a variable temperature selector)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back