Electric Shower with separate pump - water too hot - help!

dmf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just installed a 1.3 bar automatic switching pump to feed cold water from the cold water storage tank via dedicated pipework to a 9.5Kw Triton electric shower in a converted loft.

Anyone got any ideas/solutions to the problem of why, when the power setting is on "high" and the temperature dial at its lowest settings (i.e. at cooler settings when the flow is at its fastest), the water is already so bloody hot that you cannot shower.

Do you think I have the wrong pump or maybe a problem with the electric shower- surely I should be able to use it on "high"? (There don't appear to be any blockages obstructing the flow although I should mention that actual flow out of the showerhead is no more than about 5 litres per minute)

Thanks

dmf

Sponsored Links
I'm not surprised your water is too hot as electric showers are supposed to be fed off the rising main and should NOT be pumped.

Back to the drawing board. :D

sounds like a problem with the shower - even with a low flow rate the water temperature shouldn't get as high as your description suggests. If the flow rate was too low then the unit should shut down to prevent overheating

I've checked out several pump and electric shower manufacturers' websites and installation booklets and pumping cold water from the cold tank isn't a problem - in fact Triton make a pump (t450i) for this purpose

:confused:

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Just wondered if you ever resolved this? I've had a similar problem, although the water has always been just about bearable so I've not done anything about it yet :oops: but id be interested to know if you tried out that triton t450i and if it helped solve the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back