Electric Six

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
joe-90 said:
Why do you keep 'banging on' about being gay?

Do the rest of us keep telling everyone that we are straight/hetro/breeders?

Give it a rest will you. Who cares where you park your bike.

joe

I must admit, I have a slight empathy with Joe here. Just to qualify myself: my brother is gay and I have been out with him on an evening to gay bars many a time. I couldn't care less what someone else did with their private lives, as long as it's all consenting etc, and never have. Societal homophobia is a terrible thing and can lead to people commiting suicide and taking drugs and being violent.

I think Joe's real issue here is the fact that if you are in a minority, you can celebrate it, and think yourself special, but somehow if you are white, male, in your 20s, heterosexual, work hard and married you cannot celebrate it. You are just expected to be a nobody. No-one cares! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Yeh, I can see what you are getting at, but how do we know that all gay people make themselves so well known?

Obviously you notice the flamboyant, overtly-gay man who makes double-entendres at every opportunity. But not necessarily the "normal" guy who just happens to sleep with men.

Julian Clary - overtly gay man
Michael Portillo - normal bloke who just happened to be gay.

After someone comes out as gay you get a lot of "Well, I knew all along!", but to be honest, how many people here HONESTLY used to see Michael Portillo on Tv and say "Waaaaaaait a minute... I think he likes sleeping with men!"

I've known plenty of people who shove their heterosexuality in your face at every opportunity. :!:

Double standard though: you never suspect "overly-gay" people of being heterosexual, but occasionally you meet someone who seems just a little bit too keen to "prove" they are hetero :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back