electric water heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need some advice, ive been asked by a night club owner to replace 3 electric water heaters. They are all "zip aqua point II "
one feeds two hot taps
the second and third are piped together and feed 8 hot taps in gents and ladies toilets

ive only got an incoming of 8 litres

the club owner has not actually had hot water for 3 years ( none of them worked ) but due to the dude selling the club he has to sell it with hot water, there is no gas in the property.
he is looking for a cheap option but he will have the local council checking the water temperature
any ideas on makes ?????? and stuff ?
kindest regards

ME :)

Sponsored Links
Not a lot you can do about 8ltr/min without spending a lot of cash to upgrade water supply.

ZIP heaters are VERY expensive, we have found the cheapest electric undersink water heaters are made by ARISTON they make a 10 & 15 ltr model and sell for around £150 ex vat ;)

great just read a few reviews they seem exactly whats needed, i would probably fit two-15ltr and one 10ltr, is the recovery time the only diffrence with 2 - 3 kw ?

The 10 Ltr is 2-0Kw the 15 Ltr is 3-0 Kw, the recovery time is very similar around 5 - 10 mins

You may need to fit a White potable 6 Ltr expansion vessel to the system ;)

Sponsored Links
ok bit worried as i fitted three of them today and i run the hot water for about a minute and it started to go cold again ?!?!?!??!!

oh **** !

A small water heater only holds a small amount of HW they will run cold, however afeter a few minuites they are hot and ready to go again, the management just need some education! ;)

Just re-read your original post to make sure I had not missed anything, from your original post I took it that all of the heaters were DEAD and produced NO HOT WATER at all, you have replaced like for like, which is all that can be expected by the owner, you have now found that undersink heaters cannot produce a contiuous flow, the original heaters would have had the same limitations, so you have succesfully restored the services to their original condition put in the Invoice get paid (especially as a sale is in progress) and get out of there! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back