electrical cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there just wanting to findout if i can spray electrical cleaner on the connector that plugs into bk of instrument cluster even though that cluster has stuck n lights on with car not started?????? help needed

Sponsored Links
inside the binnacle) sorry to be pest but whats that part,thanks for quick reply???

The glass bit

Did someone say to try pushing on the center of the dash to see if the problem goes away, I forget?

Local breaker got a different one, to try? If you have the engine code handy (on the V5 tax book) he might be able to give you a dash to match. But check on the Vauxhall forums

Sponsored Links
I think Mursal means that any replacement dash must come from a car with the same engine code as your own - so everything matches up and connects together correctly.
The engine code will be printed on your V5 document I reckon.
John :)

That could be the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and that is useful too.....a typical engine code is something like Z12XE.
Basically, collect as much vehicle identification as you can.

this is really helpful my engine is that Z12XE.its says on my v5 that the 2letters n 6numbers is engine number,so what is it a match it upto other car to make sure i have proper instrument clust?sorry for all the questions!!! do i go with what code is on back of instrument cluster? thanks for all your quick replys

Hell, that was a guess too :p
Many Corsas will have that engine code, but your engine number is actually unique.
So - it seems the engine code is vital, and if your luck is really in, the number on the new binnacle will be the same as yours.
There's a bit of pot luck too, obviously......I've never done this particular job so I can't really comment further.
Be lucky mate!

so would i be right in saying if that code matches up with mine i dnt need to get the instrument cluster reprogrammed then???? thanks for all your help mate

Sponsored Links
Back