Electrical conduit channel cutting floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I bought a new redrow house 3 years ago and want to remodel the kitchen with an island. I want to have power sockets on the island, so will need to chase out the floor screed to lay a conduit for the cables. What are my considerations here. How deep should I cut the channel? What conduits should I use etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Round galvanised steel conduit, 20mm or 25mm depending on how many wires and what sizes.
No specified depth, but obviously enough so the conduits an be completely covered afterwards,

I see no reason why you can't use pvc conduit.

Consider running a cable for plinth lighting, etc, if you are so inclined.

And also consider a heavier cable for an electric hob, should you require one there.

Sponsored Links
Go 25 for definite- 20mm is rather cramped. Either use swept bends at the ends or shutter off round the tube ends so you have easy straight-in access to the tube. Consider putting 2 runs in while you're at it.

Thanks oldbutnotdead. I think i will put a couple of 25mm galv steel in with some shallow bends at each end as you say. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back