Electrical power sockets in my shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently moved into a new house and am slowly replacing all the light sockets and switches. I need some advice on the shed.
The shed is on its own RCD switch from the main consumer unit, it is feed by armoured cable. Inside the shed however there is just a standard 13amp double socket and a standard light switch with a 100W bulb. My question is, being inside the shed do these switches and sockets need to be outside IP rated ones or is it ok to have standard internal one.

Please advise

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
They don't need to be unless they need to be ;)

That is to say they need to be suitable for the environment the are sited in. If you have a leaky roof with moisture soaked walls, use suitably IP rated stuff. If its nice and dry with good weather protection, standard gear is fine - though you might want to consider tougher equipment because of likely knocks and bashes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back